Rug Care at Home
Rug Maintenance & Protection
- When vacuuming, brush gently and regularly in the direction of the pile. Caution should be observed around fringes and edges.
- Always use an underlay when placing your rug on a hard floor. This will protect the back of the rug, prevent friction against the floor and prevent slipping. It is also recommended when placing a rug on fitted carpet, this will prevent the rug from “creeping”.
- Turn your rug once or twice a year to distribute wear. This will prevent spot wear and fading in the same area if the rug is placed in strong light. Remember, you will always have some fading ig placing textiles in direct sunlight.
- Avoid placing heavy furniture on rugs where possible.
- If you store your rug away for a period of time make sure to use moth balls. Never store your rug in a damp room.
Rug Cleaning at Home
- If you have a spillage, dry the wet area with a clean white towel or paper towel. Dilute 1 teaspoon of non-bio detergent or woolite in 1 Litre of lukewarm water. Dab the stained area gently. Do not rub the stain as this will disturb the pile. Once dry, brush the pile gently and allow to dry. Do not over wet or soak the rug.
- DO NOT use washing up liquid or any other bleaching product on your rug.
- If you spill red wine or any other dark liquid, blot as above. Following this, cover the stained area with table salt. Once this has soaked up the liquid, vacuum gently and redo the process until you are satisfied. Following this, complete step 1 again.