- Colour: Red
- Age: 0-20 years (not used)
- Condition: In very good condition
- Pile: Wool
- Manufacturing: Genuine hand knotted rug
- Origin: Pakistan
- Knot Density/Pile Weight (per sqm): 150-250.000 knots per sqm.
- Square Meters: 1.04
- Warp/Backing Material: Cotton
The 2-Ply rugs are produced in Lahore, Pakistan’s second largest city, which is also is the centre of the country’s hand knotted rug production. The rugs most often have the Tekke and Bokara patterns, which were originally inspired by patterns from Turkmenistan. The people of the Tekke Tribe, which was the largest nomadic tribe in Turkmenistan, were known as very industrious rug producers. The term Ply indicates the number of threads wound together to produce the yarn itself; 2-Ply thus guarantees that two threads were wound together during the knotting to make the yarn. The quality of wool is particularly soft and shining, and the warm-coloured patterns are simple and harmonious.