Local Storage seems to be disabled in your browser.
For the best experience on our site, be sure to turn on Local Storage in your browser.
(only 1 left)
- Colour: Multicolour
- Style: Kelim
- Design Code: Red
- Age: 0-20 years (not used)
- Condition: In very good condition
- Pile: Wool
- Manufacturing: Woven by hand
- Origin: Persia
- Knot Density/Pile Weight (per sqm): 150-250.000 knots per sqm.
- Square Meters: 0.79
- Warp/Backing Material: 100% Wool
- Suitable for Underfloor Heating: Yes
These Kelims are flat woven rugs, woven by nomads in western Persia. A special weaving technique is used, giving the rug a thinner, flatter surface, with no pile. Kelims are also quicker to produce, compared to common Oriental rugs. The colours are natural and no two rugs are alike. Kelims are produced in several regions and under many names, but the most well-known Kelim types are Seneh, Sumak, Fars, and Kelim Gashghai.