Local Storage seems to be disabled in your browser.
For the best experience on our site, be sure to turn on Local Storage in your browser.
(only 1 left)
- Colour: Multicolour
- Style: Authentic Persian & Oriental
- Design Code: Fars
- Age: 0-20 years (not used)
- Condition: In very good condition
- Pile: Wool/silk
- Pile Depth (mm): 80
- Manufacturing: Genuine hand knotted rug
- Origin: Persia
- Knot Density/Pile Weight (per sqm): 250-350.000 knots per sqm.
- Square Meters: 2.8
- Warp/Backing Material: Wool & Silk
- Brand: Rezas
- Suitable for Underfloor Heating: Yes
Moud is a small town south of Mashad, in the Khorrasan Province. Rugs from this area are characterised by homogeneity in patterns and quality. Warp and weft are cotton and the pile is wool. The trimmings are a version of the traditional Persian turtle trimming. The rugs are produced in all sizes. Moud rugs are often copied in India, because of their remarkable homogeneity. The characteristic Moud designs are among the most uniform, evenly knotted, and easily recognisable designs of the Khorrasan Province. Moud Mahi are made in a beige, light red, or blue tone, with all-over Mahi patterns or with a star shaped medallion. Mahi means fish, and the Mahi pattern is the most commonly used pattern in genuine Persian rugs. When looking at it closely, you can see a pond encircled by four fish.