While there are no set rules when choosing the size of a rug, there are some guidelines to help you make your decision. Listed below are some tips for measuring and standard sizes to use as a guide.
- Know where your furniture will be positioned before you start to measure.
- Measure the space you want covered giving yourself minimum and maximum dimensions to work with.
- While modern rugs come in standard sizes, oriental and persian rugs tend to have slight variations. If you are shopping for a persian piece, make sure you give a little leeway.
- Place a sheet or some material on the floor to give you an idea of what the area covered will look like.
- Remember, it’s all down to personal preference and what you think looks right in your room.
|Standard Sizes (may vary)|
|90cm x 150cm|
|120cm x 170cm|
|120cm x 180cm|
|140cm x 200cm|
|160cm x 230cm|
|170cm x 240cm|
|200cm x 290cm|
|200cm x 300cm|
|70cm x 250cm|
|70cm x 300cm|