Local Storage seems to be disabled in your browser.
For the best experience on our site, be sure to turn on Local Storage in your browser.
While there are no set rules when choosing the size of a rug, there are some guidelines to help you make your decision. Listed below are some tips for measuring and standard sizes to use as a guide.
- Know where your furniture will be positioned before you start to measure.
- Measure the space you want covered giving yourself minimum and maximum dimensions to work with.
- While modern rugs come in standard sizes, oriental and persian rugs tend to have slight variations. If you are shopping for a persian piece, make sure you give a little leeway.
- Place a sheet or some material on the floor to give you an idea of what the area covered will look like.
- Remember, it’s all down to personal preference and what you think looks right in your room.
|Standard Sizes (may vary)|
|90cm x 150cm|
|120cm x 170cm|
|120cm x 180cm|
|140cm x 200cm|
|160cm x 230cm|
|170cm x 240cm|
|200cm x 290cm|
|200cm x 300cm|
|70cm x 250cm|
|70cm x 300cm|