Local Storage seems to be disabled in your browser.
For the best experience on our site, be sure to turn on Local Storage in your browser.
(only 1 left)
- Colour: Multicolour
- Style: Kelim
- Design Code: DK12
- Age: 0-20 years (not used)
- Condition: In very good condition
- Pile: Wool
- Pile Depth (mm): 80
- Manufacturing: Woven by hand
- Origin: Persia
- Knot Density/Pile Weight (per sqm): 50-150.000 knots per sqm.
- Square Meters: 1.41
- Warp/Backing Material: 100% Wool
- Suitable for Underfloor Heating: Yes
The name Shahsavan means the King’s protector, and it refers to the nomadic tribe that guards one of Iran’s most remote and vulnerable borders with Azerbaijan, where the country borders Russia and Turkey. The tribe knots pile rugs but is most famous for its Kelims, which are made with a special technique similar to embroidery, with diagonal stitches in coloured wool. The back of these rugs always has long thread ends. The special weaving technique gives the rugs a thinner, felt-like quality. The rugs are very well suited for hanging on the wall.