Local Storage seems to be disabled in your browser.
For the best experience on our site, be sure to turn on Local Storage in your browser.
(only 1 left)
- Colour: Red
- Style: Authentic Persian & Oriental
- Age: 0-20 years (not used)
- Condition: In very good condition
- Pile: Wool
- Manufacturing: Handknotted
- Origin: Persia
- Knot Density/Pile Weight (per sqm): 150-250.000 knots per sqm.
- Square Meters: 1.05
- Warp/Backing Material: Cotton
- Brand: Rezas
- Suitable for Underfloor Heating: Yes
This genuine Gholtugh rug was handknotted in the Zandjan district by Kurdish nomads and their descendants. Woven from pure wool in rich hues of brown, beige and terracotta, its intricate design is composed of a floral hexagonal centre, flanked by stylised floral and foliage shapes. Similar to classical Bidjars, Gholtughs are made by a technique whereby the double warp is tapped hard, resulting in a compact structure. Carrying a refined elegance, this piece offers a sense of both tradition and grandeur. Woven from pure wool, this rug is soft underfoot with a durable, hard-wearing pile. It is particularly well-suited for spaces such as living rooms, bedrooms and foyers.